In total, 16 development indicators were selected for inclusion on the portal, reflecting the Global Disability Summit themes of inclusive education, economic empowerment, technology and innovation, and stigma and discrimination.
The selected indicators are mostly drawn from the SDG indicator framework, along with three non-SDG indicators that are relevant to key SDGs and to the Summit themes (and were anticipated to currently have more data availability than related SDG indicators).
The choice of indicators was made through a collaborative and deductive process, in consultation with DFID and guided by the project’s International Advisory Board. The full report details the process by which the indicators were decided and the calculations process.
The full list of indicators is as follows:
- 4.1.4*: School completion rates [primary and secondary]
- 4.3.1: Participation rate of youth and adults in formal and non-formal education and training in the previous 12 months, by sex
- 4.5.x*: University completion rates [or university access rates as proxy]
- 4.6.1(a): Proportion of population in a given age group achieving at least a fixed level of proficiency in functional literacy skills, by sex
- 4.2.2: Participation rate in organized learning (one year before the official primary entry age), by sex
- 1.2.1: Proportion of population living below the national poverty line, by sex and age.
- 8.5.2: Unemployment rate, by sex, age and persons with disabilities
- 8.6.1: Proportion of youth (aged 15-24 years) not in education, employment or training
- 8.3.x*: Proportion of people employed who are in informal sectors
- 8.10.2: Proportion of adults (15 years and older) with an account at a bank or other financial institution or with a mobile-money-service provider
- 5.b.1: Proportion of individuals who own a mobile telephone, by sex
- 17.8.1: Proportion of individuals using the Internet
- 1.3.1: Proportion of population covered by social protection floors/systems
- 16.1.3: Proportion of population subjected to physical, psychological or sexual violence in the previous 12 months
- 5.5.1(a) Proportion of seats held by women in (a) national parliaments
- 5.5.2: Proportion of women in managerial positions
* indicates this is a non-SDG indicator
The full report details the source of the indicators. Download it here.